No. 21 Indiana shocks No. 1 Purdue behind Trayce Jackson-Davis’ 25 points

No. 21 Indiana has its first win over a No. 1 team in a decade, and the moment was all the sweeter coming against their in-state rival. The Hoosiers beat top-ranked Purdue 79-74 on Saturday, ending a nine-game winning streak for the Boilermakers and triggering a court storm at Assembly Hall. Indiana led for nearly … Read more

Venezuela’s slow economic recovery leaves poorest behind

After eight years of economic crisis, Venezuela’s economy is showing a few signs of recovery. But as BBC News Mundo’s Norberto Paredes reports from Caracas, while some of those living in the capital’s poorest neighbourhoods are trying to make the most of the new opportunities opening up, many have yet to feel the benefits of … Read more

Behind the EV price war is an all-out battle for the future of customer loyalty in the car business — and it could mean

Car companies are duking it out for the number-one spot in the burgeoning electric vehicle market. Ceding profits to market share is an expensive game of chicken, analysts warn. This will be a ‘pivotal year’ for establishing customer loyalty in the EV market. Car companies are betting big on an electric future, but who owns … Read more

Jay Ellis reveals full story behind ‘Insecure’ fan slapping him at the airport

As tells it, the interactions he has had with  fans since playing Issa Rae’s on-off boyfriend (and eventual husband) Martin Lawrence Walker through five seasons of the HBO hit generally fall in two categories: The vast majority will berate him for “what he did” to Issa (“that’s like 98%,” Ellis says), while the other 2% … Read more

LockBit Hackers Behind ION Breach Also Hit Royal Mail, Hospital

(Bloomberg) — The hacking group behind a cyberattack against the software firm ION Trading UK has recently conducted a series of breaches throughout the world, with its victims including the UK’s postal service and local government agencies in the US. Most Read from Bloomberg The gang, known as LockBit, is a prolific ransomware operator, according … Read more

Sam Smith: What’s behind I’m Not Here to Make Friends backlash?

When someone calls their new track I’m Not Here to Make Friends, they’re probably expecting a reaction. And with their latest video, Sam Smith has certainly caused a bit of stir. If you haven’t watched it, the singer spends most of it wearing a corset and nipple tassels while performing some spicy moves with backing … Read more

Who is behind Hindenburg, the research firm targeting the Adani group?

Hindenburg Research’s bruising report accusing the Adani Group of pulling off “” has rattled India’s stock markets. On Jan. 24, the New York-based forensic financial research firm disclosed its short positions on Adani companies, on the grounds of alleged accounting fraud and “brazen stock manipulation” over the course of decades. This has sent shares of … Read more

UNC basketball escapes Syracuse with 72-68 ACC win over Orange behind 21 from Pete Nance

North Carolina stayed composed and deliberate for much of the 36 minutes it led Syracuse on Tuesday night. Yet in the closing minutes, the Tar Heels needed a little luck to come away with a 72-68 win. UNC’s Leaky Black had locked up Syracuse guard Joe Girard III for most of the game. But with … Read more